[iBook] iBook 500 slow

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu Jan 20 12:08:39 PST 2005

On 1/20/05 2:09 PM, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 1/20/05 8:30 AM, "david" <davidwb at spymac.com> wrote:
>
>> FWIW, for home use Mac:Office
>> can be had for under $150 and that includes a license for *3* computers.
>
> Where? (Or are you referring to some kind of student discount?)

Its the price for the student/teacher version. It is for any full or part
time student in any grade or any teacher full or part time. Go to most any
store that carries software and you'll find it on the shelves. Although I
could have bought it at the bookstore or the computer store where I work
part time, I bought my copy at the local Office Depot which, for some reason
had it in stock - the only Mac software I saw there. (Interestingly enough,
Microsoft doesn't require us to ask for proof of student/teacher ID for this
product. Meanwhile Adobe stops just short of requiring the buyer of Academic
software to sign an avadavat in blood at midnight.)

david