[iBook] Plantronics Headset

Rebecca Hoffman rjhoffman at runbox.com
Thu Jul 7 17:50:39 PDT 2005

I've got a G3 IceBook running 10.3.9. I've recently discovered Skype
and have gotten a Plantronics Headset to use with it.

The problem is, I can't get my internal speakers to turn off. I go to
System Preferences and select the headset for both audio output and
input. The headset mike works, but the other person's voice continues
to come out of the iBook's internal speaker instead of the headphones.
This is a problem, since the headset mike picks up the sound from the
speakers and the person I'm talking to hears a disturbing echo of
himself.

Any suggestions, oh wise ones?

Rebecca