[iBook] Groggy iBook - iBook or Tiger?

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Jul 8 21:08:27 PDT 2005

I recently upgraded from a G3  to a G4 iBook and moved from Panther
to Tiger in the process.

I have noticed a strange, recurring, but not constant phenomena. When
waking from sleep, occassionaly the iBook will wake up, be usable for
about 10-15 seconds, then immediately sleep again. It then wakes up
"normally" from it's second sleep, with a keystroke.

I believe that this has only occurred after a "lid-closing" induced
sleep.

Has anyone experienced this?  Does it represent a potential problem
with the iBook, or is it perhaps related to Tiger? I am running
10.4.1 - all recent system updates installed.

Thanks!

Samantha