[iBook] Safe surfing with Virtual PC 6 on iBook

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Sun Jul 17 16:41:12 PDT 2005

I don't think so.

I don't know exactly, but what I think is that you need to configure
your ibook for internet sharing. This will make the ibook act like an
[internet server/proxy server/router] (those are roughly synonymous).
You shuold get an IP address from this configuration (something like
192.168.0.1). It's this address that you point Windows to.

You need to be aware that security for windows is as important as if
it was running on a PC that was networked with your ibook - because
that's what is happening! :-) You should apply all the service packs,
and having virus protectino installed on windows is pretty much
necessary.

I run VPC too, and if I were you, I'd think carefully about how
necessary it is to connect Windows to the internet.. Are all the
hassles really worth it?? Why can't you use the ibook for internet
work, and just use Windows for the story writing?

HTH,
-Angus