[iBook] iConcept Mobility USB Optical Wireless Mouse

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 19:33:01 PDT 2005

Hi:

Yesterday, I purchased the iConcept Mobility USB Optical Wireless Mouse
for my other half to use at the office with her PC laptop.  It is
supposed to be compatible with the Windows platform and had no mention
of any Mac OS compatibility.  It's about one-third the size of a
regular mouse and has a scroll wheel and comes with two AAA size
batteries for the mouse.

So, I plugged the USB receiver into the USB slot on her laptop.
Basically, I couldn't get the mouse to digitally ID.  I plugged the
receiver into my 700 Mhz dual USB G3 iBook and, wow, the receiver lit
up and the mouse and receiver were in sync.  I like it and it works
great.  I'm using it now.  And, it also works on her PC laptop, now.

It does have a slight delay when you let the mouse sit for a while,
which does not surprise me.  The instruction sheet did not mention
that, or much of anything, not even a web site for further information.
   Suffice it to say that they were sparse with absolutely nothing
written on the packaging or sheet regarding length of battery life.
The battery door is easy to open, but stick a bit when closing with a
fresh set of batteries.  I guess it keeps the batteries in tight,
though.  The USB receiver fits underneath the mouse for easy storage
and is a great feature to keep from losing it.

My concerns may be the battery life on the mouse itself.  This model,
which I purchased at a place call Office Max, was $29.99 plus tax,
which was a whack in the wallet for me.  Was this a good price?

Let me know if anyone else has tried using this mouse for their G3
iBook and, if so what the performance was.

Thanks,
David