[iBook] iBook and external monitor

Jim Soriano jsoriano at mac.com
Wed Jun 8 12:36:20 PDT 2005

Hello all:

I have a iBook 14/1.2Ghz/Tiger that I'd like to use with an external
monitor.

I'm contemplating using the "ScreenSpanningDoctor" software on the
iBook to drive a not-yet-purchased Dell 2005FPW display at its native
resolution of 1680 x 1050.  Obviously I'll have to drive it through
the VGA port since the iBook doesn't output DVI.

Anybody on the list have experience with this or similar
configurations?  Does it perform acceptably for my intended use of
having lots of open browser/email/spreadsheet windows?

Regards,

Jim