[iBook] Display cable damage?

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Tue Jun 21 09:03:05 PDT 2005

> Hello
> My iBook has developed this problem: When you move the screen forwards or
> backwards the display goes black, Moving it again can bring the screen back
> to life but the computer may be frozen (OSX 10.3)
> Are the cables from the display to the logic board damaged do you think?

Yes.

> Can they be replaced

Yes.

> or will I have to get a new screen?

No.

Very common fault, the inverter cable thru the LH hinge has been damaged,
somewhat surprised by the freeze, I suppose the sleep switch thru there
could be impacted as well, or the damage is causing a short.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk