[iBook] NT: Moving from one Mac to another

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Wed Jun 29 06:57:03 PDT 2005

The obvious "username" home folder that has:
- "username\music" holding your iTunes
- "username\pictures" for your iPhoto

  and the not so obvious username\library folder that contains:
--"applications support" containing your address book
--"mail" folder that holds your Apple Mail (if you use that)...

Typically, I setup my (a user's) new computer with the same user
name, enable root just incase something goes bad, then copy over the
entire home folder from the target disk, reboot and log in as me (the
user) again to see the newly copied stuff, then disable root if it
scares the user...