[iBook] NT: Moving from one Mac to another

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Wed Jun 29 14:21:08 PDT 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 4:01 PM, Richard McKay wrote:

> Glad to hear the migration went well Charles...nice machine! (bet
> you were
> walking around with that 'new father! chest stuck out' look for at
> least a
> few days)...

Well, sort of....

The thing is, Apple did such a good job with the migration utility
that my interface is exactly the same as on my old machine. I don't
get the "opportunity," therefore, of looking in the glove-
compartment, trying knobs, adjusting the seat and so on because it is
EXACTLY like my old computer--even to the desktop background picture!
And since I had already bumped my old machine up to Tiger, the thrill
of Dashboard and Spotlight have both worn off. It is, of course,
faster, but I haven't had a chance to fire up PhotoShop yet and see
just how fast, fast is. I'm sure the first time I open a camera RAW
file and apply a tweak, I'll gasp with pleasure. But that moment has
yet to come.

Bottom line: You gotta love a company that includes such a good
migration utility in its OS.

cp
charlesp at ksu.edu