[iBook] Another probably simple question - about downloading music to iBook...

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Thu Jun 30 11:40:24 PDT 2005

On 30/6/05 19:20, "Charles Pearce" <charlesp at ksu.edu> wrote:

>> What would stop one from making a CD copy then on a different Mac
>> importing
>> it back to equal quality AAC tracks that have no DRM or MP3...
>
> Um, nothing but one's sense of morality.

Well without trying to start a huge debate here on the theme, I see more
issues with DRM that restricts me as a legal purchaser of music (granted
Apple is quite good in this regard) than I do with removing DRM from tracks
that I have legally purchased for my own *personal* entertainment (I'm no
doubt one of the last fools to still purchase music legally but nothing
winds me up more than purchasing Un-CD's (a whole topic that) that won't
even play on newer CD drives let alone allow me to make AAC or MP3 files
appropriate to my personal preference or listening devices...)

Nothing to do with trying to spread the music...just enjoy it natural
without a straight jacket...

Cheers,

Richard