[iBook] <OT> CompUSA

david davidwb at spymac.com
Mon May 23 18:13:11 PDT 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 8:53 PM, Samantha Cornell wrote:

> My question is: is this they type of experience that others have
> had at CompUSA?  We had a similarly difficult experience there when
> we bought our iMac last year. If so, why on earth are they the
> Apple authorized store?  It would seem that there are much better
> alternatives. i would expect this level of customer service at a
> fast food resturaunt or even a convenience store, but it seems out
> of line when purchasing a computer.

Over the years I have collected an amazing array of CompUSA
incompetence stories which runs the gamut from iMacs to memory, from
Compaq to printers, from CD-R media to printer paper, from lies about
service contracts to broken computers returned more dysfunctional
after the repair. You might ask, "Why do you continue to shop there?"
And my answer is that I haven't willingly shopped there since the
unveiling of the original iMac but while I was still in the support
biz many of my clients chose to shop there - a time or two. The only
store that can rival CompUSA in incompetence, lies, and questionable
business practices is WorstBuy.

david

=-=-=
Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then
if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a
little fun.  ~ Groucho Marx

david
davidwb at spymac.com