[iBook] <OT> CompUSA

Joel Esler eslerj at gmail.com
Mon May 23 19:52:49 PDT 2005

I have experianced total incompetance from CompUSA  (I know more than
the employees.... but I'm supposed to!!)

But in our CompUSA in Augusta, Georgia, we have an Apple guy that
works @ the store.  He's employeed by Apple, has no affiliation with
CompUSA.. Basically just has an Apple store in the CompUSA.  So it's
kinda nice.

Joel Esler
http://esler-is.a.geek.net

On 5/23/05, david <davidwb at spymac.com> wrote:
> On May 23, 2005, at 8:53 PM, Samantha Cornell wrote:
>
> > My question is: is this they type of experience that others have
> > had at CompUSA?  We had a similarly difficult experience there when
> > we bought our iMac last year. If so, why on earth are they the
> > Apple authorized store?  It would seem that there are much better
> > alternatives. i would expect this level of customer service at a
> > fast food resturaunt or even a convenience store, but it seems out
> > of line when purchasing a computer.
>
> Over the years I have collected an amazing array of CompUSA
> incompetence stories which runs the gamut from iMacs to memory, from
> Compaq to printers, from CD-R media to printer paper, from lies about
> service contracts to broken computers returned more dysfunctional
> after the repair. You might ask, "Why do you continue to shop there?"
> And my answer is that I haven't willingly shopped there since the
> unveiling of the original iMac but while I was still in the support
> biz many of my clients chose to shop there - a time or two. The only
> store that can rival CompUSA in incompetence, lies, and questionable
> business practices is WorstBuy.
>
> david

> =-=-=
> Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then
> if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a
> little fun.  ~ Groucho Marx
>
> david
> davidwb at spymac.com

Joel Esler