[iBook] <OT> CompUSA - and "i" machines

Michelle happydog at ccp.com
Mon May 23 20:28:21 PDT 2005

>I think the power mac is viewed as a "separation" from the rest of
>the mac field.  Its like "All these macs are for college students...
>and then.. you pros..  heres the powerbook, and the power mac... so
>you won't sound stupid in the office saying "iBook"."  But my iBook
>beats the pants off my work Dell.

YES, I find that confusing even now! Granted, my "old" laptop was
(is) an ebay bargain G3 Pismo... but this iBook ("not" a PowerBook)
indeed beats the pants off the G3 laptop for sure, in terms of speed,
memory, etc.

So I wondered why the "i" line came about in the first place. (Thanks
Gary, for that answer)... since when comparing some of the systems
side by side, some of the "i" ones are more capable, or faster, etc
than the "Power" versions.

Thanks for this helpful list!
Michelle & Herd