[iBook] Where Did My Apple Go? Key Caps

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Tue Nov 1 18:06:39 PST 2005

I've always enjoyed being able to type in the little Apple logo with
the bite taken out of it although I haven't used it for some time. I
think all that was needed was to type "K" with the Option key. When I
upgraded to Tiger (now at 10.4.2) a few months ago, I didn't think
about it and haven't had the need to use it until now. This time,
when I went to type it, it wouldn't show up. I have one of the fonts
widgets for Dashboard, so I went looking for it and couldn't find it.
I then went to Key Caps in OS 9.2 -I like the little keyboard which
shows all the keys in all my fonts- and I still couldn't find it
although I quit looking after Helvetica (I have several hundred
fonts). Has Apple taken away my apple? How can I get it back?

And, is there anything comparable for OS X to the old Classic OS with
Key Caps? Key Caps is still the easiest font face finder that I've
ever used since it shows the whole keyboard at a time.

Fred
iBook G3 900 14.4"