[iBook] dead display

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Sat Nov 19 11:58:11 PST 2005

Thanks Wayne. Repair, replacement is not such an issue as here in NZ,
the teacher's laptop are supplied by our Ministry of Education at a
significantly reduced lease rate and they are covered for 3 years. It
is not the repairs that is annoying, what is frustrating for teachers
is the time they don't have their laptops (typically 2 weeks) and the
hassle of getting their stuff off other laptops before and after. I'm
on my third replacement logicboard in 2 years and  it still has a
video fault it seems to develop before dying yet again!!! I love what
I can do on my iBook (compared to the my Desktop PC) but man the
breakdowns get you down - especially then you are dealing with
everyone else's too. Thanks for the tips. They will be passed on!
I might contact you re the repairs
Cheers