[iBook] Why????

Wegener Media sales at wegenermedia.com
Tue Nov 22 19:38:20 PST 2005

>I am running 10.2.8 and have a program (PowerPoint) which refuses to
>close.  I just ran Fix Permissions yesterday and all was basically
>good, with a couple of repairs.
>
>What is wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pat

Only problem I can see here is that you're confusing a Microsoft
product with an actual program.   :)

Actually, I've had the same issue with Firefox on occasion, as well
as a lockup. Don't know the answer right offhand, but I'm sure it's
probably a memory-related issue..

On a side note, there's a great little background app called Cunning
Fox, that allows you to manage, freeze, and kill apps, without any
problems...  quite the handy app for managing programs.. I often run
more 'intense' application processes, and to do so, i'll "sleep" a
bunch of other apps that are running in background.. Cunning Fox lets
me put them to sleep and awaken them when I'm, done,, without having
to shut them down and reopen...

http://www.donelleschi.com/cunningfox/

dave