[iBook] Need Floppy Drive For iBook G3 900

victoria duggan victoria.duggan at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 13 06:11:21 PDT 2005

Hi Fred

I do not know if this will answer the question in full but it was a
good solution for me.
I have a number of macs from a mac classic up to G4 and from a
powerbook 520 up to a pismo .
  I use the classic when i want to write stuff IE letters and
receipts as i do all these in Mac write, and i really cannot be
bothered when i finnish or i am in no hurry as the classic is not
connected to anything anymore, Just sits on the desk looking pretty
now. so letters tend to sit on the internal drive until i remember to
get and send them. The classic is running 7.0.1 and has a 800k floppy
onboard.
  I put the letters or receipts on the floppy's and then drag and
drop them onto the G4 via an imation super 120 disk. It reads all
floppy's up to the 120mb super-disk's.  This is connected to the G4
via usb and is fully supported in X but you need the drivers from the
web if you want to run it in 9.xx

Hope it helps!!

vicki