[iBook] Printing to appletalk printer with Tiger

B G briang113 at pacbell.net
Sat Sep 3 09:12:46 PDT 2005

Well the first step is to make sure apple talk is only active on one
setting. If you are using the wired ethernet port make sure Appletalk
is turn off on the airport card.

Also make sure your printer is turn on and warmed up before you power
up the Asante box.

Try changing the cables sometimes serial and or ethernet cables go
bad also check connections make sure the plug is all the way in  on the
Asante and printer.

When you add the printer use Appletalk and local appletalk network.

Do you have classic installed? you might want to try to find the
printer in classic and see if it works.

I assume OS X supports these old HP's did you check the apple website?