[iBook] Re: iBook re-assembly/repair take 2

Jack Countryman jcountry at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 2 16:20:33 PDT 2006

The three screws shown being removed in page 6/14 of instructions for the 14
inch iBook under hard drive replacement, are the ones that do not seem to go
back in place.  They come out with a bit of some sort of blue stuff on the
ends.  I'm not sure what that attached them to and did not find any way to
replace them so they stay put?  Any idea what they are supposed to go back
into, what he blue stuff is or why it is there?  Note also that while the
are take apart guides at ifixit are good, they do not extend to re-assembly,
when (as with these screws apparently) the two processes are different.
Caveat Emptor?