[iBook] Airport card a dud...

Russ Gorman rusty57 at mac.com
Thu Aug 24 16:32:14 PDT 2006

Make sure the antennae is plugged in all the way. It usually takes
quite a bit of force to get the cable to click in.
Then in System prefs choose the Network pane.
Then in "Show" pulldown choose "Network Port configurations"
Make sure the box nest to Airport is selected then drag the word
airport to the top of the list and deselect any other ports like
ethernet and modem that you are not using.
Then bake to the "show" pulldown and select Airport.
Check the box to "Show AirPort status in menu bar."
Then you'll see the fan shaped Airport signal indicator in the menu
bar to show you if you are getting reception or not.