[iBook] Importing Photos with OS9

george worth george_worth2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 09:54:28 PST 2006

Hello Ted

  I have a cheap and cheerful old Pentax, with no drivers. I just plug it into the USB port, with the camera's 'download' option selected and (nine times out of ten) the camera shows up as a seperate drive. Then it's just a question of copying your images to a folder - not the desktop, as they disappear when the camera is disconnected. I hope that this will work for you.

  Cheers George

"Drulard, Ted" <TDrulard at CURTISSWRIGHT.com> wrote:
      Hello all,
  We recently got a Canon Powershot 610 Digital Camera and I want to put its photos onto my Graphite SE iBook.
I'm running OS 9.2. I thought that all I'd have to do is plug the camera into the USB port and the computer would think it's a flash drive and read the pictures. Alas that is not the case. The machine tries to search for drivers, does find them, as says no go.
  I know that Canon makes drivers for System X, but didn't see any listed for OS9.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
  Tedmund Drulard
Senior Analytical Engineer
Curtiss-Wright EPD
Phillipsburg NJ 08865
Phone: 908/387-9237
FAX: 908/387-6130
E-mail: tdrulard at curtisswright.com

The information contained in this message may be sensitive and is for
the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not
the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff: