[iBook] Re: Apple Announces Intel MacBook Pro

Mike Wallinga mwallinga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:40:09 PST 2006

I sure hope there will be a new iBook, even if it isn't called a iBook
any more. If they want to make a $900 laptop and called it a MacBook
something-or-other, I don't mind, but sooner or later they'll have to
produce an Intel laptop that costs less than two grand.

The news about not dual-booting into Windows XP is a little
disappointing, since there are a couple of Windows apps that I depend
on. But, what I'm really hoping for is that Microsoft will update
Virtual PC to run on Intel Macs instead. Since VPC wouldn't have to
emulate a different processor type like it used to, the performance
should be really good. Being able to run that handful of needed Windows
apps at near-native speeds without leaving Mac OS X would be VERY nice.

- Mike W.