[iBook] Yet another problem...

Brian Pearce brpearce at optonline.net
Sat Jun 3 20:44:42 PDT 2006

> I'm not an expert on clamshells, but given clamshells are older Mac
> laptops (seven years? Ten years?), I would guess that they have
> wafer (i.e., real) batteries) to maintain all settings including
> the clock.

If I'm not mistaken, the clamshell iBooks had no logic board battery,
nor other source of power to maintain settings -- they were
completely dependent on the iBook battery. If the power was
completely disconnected, settings were completely erased (and the
clock was reset to "1904"). I had this happen once with a Tangerine
iBook -- I don't think it ever happened with my Key Lime iBook.

(Pat was referring to a G4 Powerbook, though.)

BRIAN PEARCE
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"