[iBook] Yet another problem...

Michelle Klein-Hass bosslady at msgeek.com
Sun Jun 4 08:25:36 PDT 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 08:44 pm, Brian Pearce wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, the clamshell iBooks had no logic board battery,
> nor other source of power to maintain settings -- they were
> completely dependent on the iBook battery. If the power was
> completely disconnected, settings were completely erased (and the
> clock was reset to "1904"). I had this happen once with a Tangerine
> iBook -- I don't think it ever happened with my Key Lime iBook.

You are correct: the "logic board battery" for the Clamshells is the iBook
battery. When you take the one-and-only batter out of the iBook, everything
goes back to 1904 as far as the hardware is concerned, and December 31, 1969
as far as Mac OS X is concerned. (The UNIX epoch)

This is at least the case with my Blueberry. The last batch of Clamshells
might be different.

Take care,
Michelle
--