[iBook] please unsubscribe my email from list

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Mon Jun 5 15:56:13 PDT 2006

I think it's also an issue of familiarity. Tech-savvy users know that 'there
must be an unsubscribe, and it's probably in the email, or at least on the
website', whereas a newbie might just see a problem ('I keep getting these
emails') and have no clue how to deal with it...

If I ask my fiance to check out a URL, I'll just email it to her. If I wanted
dad to look at a URL, I'd have to say 'press the blue button on the front of
the box, that switches the computer on... etc'. I think this is similar.

It's really easy, as something of a nerd to be very snotty and disdainful of
people who are not familiar with computers. It doesn't make them stupid! ;-)

-Gus