[iBook] please unsubscribe my email from list

Stan Marks swmarks at allvantage.com
Sat Jun 10 09:45:29 PDT 2006

And, Angus Wallace at angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au wrote:

> I think it's also an issue of familiarity. Tech-savvy users know that 'there
> must be an unsubscribe, and it's probably in the email, or at least on the
> website', whereas a newbie might just see a problem ('I keep getting these
> emails') and have no clue how to deal with it...

Well, there's all that, of course, but it has also become common practice to
post replies at the *top* of the message before the quoted material (thank
you MicroSoft) as opposed to posting below the quoted material, which is the
accepted standard for email and newsgroup messages. When top-posting, one
may not need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the message to read it
or reply; therefore, the footers are ignored/missed.

...and, no, I'm NOT trying to start another fight about top-posting! I gave
up trying to "educate" folks about it long ago. I just keep doing it the
"right" way and hope that people "get it", at some point. ;)

Stan
--
Stan Marks
swmarks at allvantage.com