[iBook] uh-oh

Malcolm Cornelius malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Mon Mar 6 03:50:36 PST 2006

> Malcolm Cornelius on 3/5/06 6:51 AM wrote:
>
>> Isn't it 3 years from the date that the model was first sold rather than 3
>> years from the sale of your particular machine ?
>>

> Copied from Apple's website: "The program covers affected iBooks for three
> years after the first retail sale of the unit or until March 18, 2005,
> whichever provides longer coverage for you."
>
> As I read the above text it uses the phrase "retail sale of the unit". I
> would interpret that as 3 years from the date your specific iBook was sold.

> Am I reading it wrong?

No idea, anyone here work for an ASP who knows the correct answer ?

I was under the impression that it was 3 years from the release of the
particularly model and it can read that way - after all a particular machine
will only retail sale once.

Either way only some late 700s, 800s and 900s will now be covered.

--
Best wishes

Malcolm Cornelius - The Powerbook Fanatic
http://www.pbfanatic.co.uk