[iBook] WEP password

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Mon Mar 13 14:53:23 PST 2006

"Then just turn off the security"

why?!? Turning off security will allow anyone to see the information that's sent
around your network, and to possibly try to hack into your computers. They
might also try leech your internet connection, send spam from your connection,
or perform other nefarious activities...

A much better idea would be to just reset the WEP password to a new, known,
password..

if you don't know the admin password for the wireless router, you should be able
to reset it to factory defaults by (doing something like) sticking a pin in the
reset 'hole thing' while switching it on.. (or similar). Note that THIS WILL
ERASE ALL THE SETTINGS ON THE ROUTER, so you must be confident in your ability
to set it up again ;-)

If not, get a tech-savvy mate to help you...

HTH,
-Gus