[iBook] Apple Care benefits?

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Thu Mar 23 12:22:38 PST 2006

Just to be a little contrary... ;-)

I think one should buy insurance when the consequences of the 'worst case
scenario' are beyond one's ability to handle. I don't think that's the case
with a laptop - you *can* just replace it, and it's not *that* much money.
Money-wise, you're probably going to be better off not getting it. (I.e.
probibalistically, repairs are likely to cost less than the cost of AppleCare)

Having said that, Applecare provides phone support, so if that's important to
you it could sway your decision. Similarly, it will increase the resale value
of your iBook..

My iBook is now more than 2 years old, with no problems whatsoever (touch
wood!). But I got the (free) 3 year student warranty they used to have. I
wouldn't buy Applecare...

Hope this helps muddy the waters.. ;-)

cheers,
-Angus