[iBook] Apple Care benefits?

Howard Pettigrew howard.pettigrew at xtra.co.nz
Thu Mar 23 12:58:26 PST 2006

Laura, based on the experiences we had over here in NZ with iBooks in
a number of schools, I always recommend any private purchaser to go
for Applecare with their laptops. While I am constantly on the road
and give my iBook a hard time, it is on its third replacement
motherboard. One of the schools I work in has 3 iBooks out of
commission at the moment with another 2 on CRT monitors because of
the video cable problem. While it could be said that having laptops
with kids, it is no wonder they have their problems, some teachers
have had a dreadful run with the Government supplied iBooks and they
tend to look after them pretty well. Powerbooks have not been such a
problem apart from patchy screen disease and for reliability and
robustness, give me that last of the old clamshells any day. They may
have been a little heavier but they were built to last!
Hope this helps
>> On 23-Mar-06, at 10:02 AM, Laura Bruce wrote:
>>
>>> Hi there. It is coming up on the anniversary of my iBook purchase,
>>> and hence, the deadline to purchase Apple Care. My iBook has been
>>> trouble-free, and now I am wondering if I should bother.
>>>
>>> Would love to hear the pros and cons re same.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Laura