[iBook] So what do you think about the new MacBooks?

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Tue May 30 08:43:10 PDT 2006

Seeing as the future of our iBooks is the new MacBook, what does everyone
think of it so far?

http://www.apple.com/macbook/macbook.html

I wasn't too sure about the new recessed keyboard (I'm tempted to call it a
chiclet keyboard but it's nothing like old Atari 400) but after playing with
it at the Apple Store this weekend I was able to type really fast.

I LOVE the standard 13" widescreen single screen choice now. I found it the
perfect size, and ideal for a compact laptop for travelling. I also loved
the choice of a black colored model, which would be the model I would opt
for if I got one.

Cons I saw.... shared video memory (the MacBook Pros have dedicated VRAM),
still no expansion card slots, no Firewire 800, and high price.

Overall, I think this is a great start for the new MacBook line. With a 2GHz
Intel Duo processor and the top end 120GB hard disk, you would be giving up
very little.

Tom