[iBook] Troubled iBook

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Tue May 30 19:09:35 PDT 2006

Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

> Similar problems with my G3 900 iBook: wouldn't wake up, would turn
> itself off, would take several tries to boot it up so that it would
> go past the spinning gear stage, would freeze so I'd have to do a
> hard quit with the power button. The hardware test CD that came
> with my computer found no problems. Finally one day, it would boot
> up only to the start of the blue screen, then shut itself off.
> DiskWarrior wouldn't work; the only thing that worked was the
> hardware test CD which found no problems.

That in itself should indicate an OS problem (or at worst, a hard
drive going wonky). I wonder if single-user mode would have worked --
you can at least run fsck (aka Disk First Aid) from there.

--
Larry Kollar     k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
Unix Text Processing: "UTP Revival"