[iBook] Clamshell iBook DVD-ROM drive latch problem

Adam Vaughn AdamAnt316 at comcast.net
Wed May 31 17:08:31 PDT 2006

Actually, this is a graphite iBook. I purchased it from a friend, who had used it for several years for schoolwork, before upgrading to a PowerBook G4. It saw a rough life, with several of the keys breaking before a replacement keyboard was purchased (unfortunately, a key still managed to get broken off of the new one). The bezel snapped off the end of the drive not too long before the iBook was taken out of service, and it's tabs are still attached; unfortunately, the bezel is all but gone forever, according to the previous owner. I'm still not sure whether or not the bezel has any real hand in the drive latching shut, and knowing that it's latched shut (simply holding the drive mechanism closed has no effect). Any ideas?
-Adam

--
Adam Vaughn
Collector of old computers, video game systems, radios and other electronic

From: Bill Williams <bwms at bellsouth.net>