[iBook] Graphite clamshell to give?

Paul Savard pablocito24 at videotron.qc.ca
Wed May 31 18:10:16 PDT 2006

Brian Pearce a écrit :
>> I've got a clammshell Ibook 466 mhz, (firewire), with dvd to
>> give...my son drop a glass of juice on it...
>> Now, it does makes the bong at start up, but thats about it...
>> It looks like its kaput...
>> What do you think?
>
> It might just be the screen that needs to be replaced. If you can, I'd
> try to start it up in Firewire Disk Mode, and hook it up to another
> Mac -- that way, you can at least see what's happening. (Chances are,
> if you're hearing the start-up chime, it should be okay.)
>
> BRIAN PEARCE
> <http://www.redjacketpress.com>
> "Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"

Hi Brian!

I've treied your trick...with luck!!
It works!

I can see all what was (is) still, on the hard drive of this baby!!
So...it seems it's not totally dead, after all!
I even see the orange sign, you know, the firewire connectivity sign,
which is hovering, on the screen of that iBook...so even the screen
isn't fry, after all!

I wonder if I could just find a used replacement keyboard, and switch
it...to see if it would then go further in startup mode?

This used to be my beloved iBook...I gave it to my son, when I bought my
12 inch Powerbook
dream machine,a year and a half ago...

Of course, the kid spills orange juice on it...a kid is akid, will be a kid!

Just for the record, a couple months later, or before, can't remember,
it was christmass...bought an i'pod to him...He left it on top of his
car, ( my old Honda Civic that I almost gave him, again, yes...hihi),
and the i'pod was gone for good!

Not really an Apple dude as his fathers, seems like...

So...what should I do next?

Paul Savard