[iBook] iBook G4 sudden loss of battery capacity?

VICTORIA.DUGGAN victoria.duggan at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 2 10:03:43 PDT 2006

> Any suggestions before I buy a new battery? Now I REALLY wish I had
> a battery that falls in the recall serial number range!
>
> Thanks :-)
>
> Michael
  I think that it is the way that you use the battery that determines
the sort of life you get from it. For example my G4 powerbook battery
is 34 months old and is on its 732 cycle for charge and i still get 2
hrs 50 mins from the battery. But my daughters Ti book battery is
only 12 months old It is a third party battery that did give over
4hrs when new, and is on its 326 recharge cycle and She only gets 1
hr 15mins from it.  I never run my battery down past 20% she always
runs hers down to nothing. I let mine charge fully every time she
does not.

vicki