[iBook] oily effluent

Laura Bruce labruce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 11:58:56 PDT 2006

Hi there. I use an iSkin on my keyboard -- a transparent latex cover I
type through -- which I periodically wash.

Yesterday when I lifted it, there was an oily residue on the
keyboard-facing side of the iSkin (i.e. not the side I touch typing).

I inspected the keys and a number of them were a bit slick with what
felt like oil. The residue was principally located toward the bottom
middle semi-circle of the keboard. The G and H keys were slick, as was
the space bar.

Is the oily lubricant inside my iBook vapourizing, and being trapped
by the iSkin?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Ta,
Laura