[iBook] Older Powerbook vs new Macbook

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 15:46:50 PST 2007

Don,

My take on it is that it shouldn't be noticeable at all. The files are too
small. Theoretically you should only see a difference if you had larger
video files.

There could be an argument for the type of storage (memory) media you are
using on your respective cameras as to how it affects the speed of the
downloads. Are they the same? Some cards can be significantly can be faster
than others. Also the general size of the media could also be a factor. I
use the fairly large 2 gig cards. My iBook only uses USB 1.1.  If I am not
mistaken yours is faster with USB2. So it all seems relative.

Why don't you bring the whole mix to a good camera store and ask them? They
should be familiar with your equipment and could probably see if it isn't
functioning up to the specs.

Bill