[iBook] Older Powerbook vs new Macbook

Don Distel don at distelphoto.com
Fri Dec 21 16:20:26 PST 2007

Bill,

Normally I don't use any storage media - the laptop is my storage media.
As I said I tether the camera to the laptop. My files go directly
from the camera to the laptop by means of usb 2. On a side note the
Powerbook that I have is only usb 1 so I found a usb 2.0 card made by
D-Link that brings the speed up considerably. You might want to look
into that.  Things are a lot faster when I tether my camera to my G5
Imac in the studio so my question still is - Is the dual intel
processors on the Macbook going to make things happen a lot faster
than my Powerbook?
www.distelphoto.com