[iBook] wake up and back up to me

Mark mark at MARKHEATH.NET
Thu Jan 11 07:11:31 PST 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 6:27 AM, Matt wrote:

> I want my iBook to back up to my MyBook firewire'd external hard
> drive in the middle of the night, and set the schedule on the My
> Book software up to do that. However it doesn't work - I assume
> because the iBook, like me, is (almost) always asleep at 3am when
> I've set it for.
>
> Is there a way round this? Would the scheduled start up function in
> System Preferences do it? Or doesn't that work for sleeping, as
> opposed to switching off?
>
> cheers
>
> Matt

I would just open up iTunes and turn the visualizer on, that will
keep your computer awake all night long. I do this because I use an
alarm clock software to wake me up and it won't go off if the
computer is asleep or the screensaver is running.

700MHz iBook G3       1.33GHz iBook G4
640MB Ram	                512 MB Ram
OS 10.3.9                      OS 10.4.6

"Laugha while you can monkeyboy."
       Dr. Lizardo(Bukaroo Bonzai)