[iBook] wake up and back up to me

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun Jan 14 08:28:09 PST 2007

At 9:11 AM -0600, 1/11/07, Mark wrote:

>On Jan 11, 2007, at 6:27 AM, Matt wrote:
>
>>I want my iBook to back up to my MyBook firewire'd external hard
>>drive in the middle of the night

>I would just open up iTunes and turn the visualizer on, that will
>keep your computer awake all night long.

This will cause your portable screen to go bad. My son has done this
on his last 3 PowerBooks and every one of them has had screen damage
from the back light continually being on. Better to turn the screen
all the way off.
--

Robert Ameeti

The glory of great men should always be measured by the means they have used to acquire it.
            -- Francois de La Rochefoucauld