[iBook] Display problems with iBook G3

Sammy Patteson pattessm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:28:43 PST 2007

Robin,
I had a similar problem with my own G3 dual usb.  I bought this comp
off my brother in law for $100.  He had the same problem and got apple
to replace the motherboard.  However, after a few years the problem
returned, only a few months after the recall ended.  However, THERE IS
a solution.  It's not really for the faint of heart, but it sure as
hell beats an $880 repair.  (What my local apple store wanted to
replace the logic board.)   I decided to fix it myself with some
thermal paste, some hobbyist aluminum, and some plastic spacers.  I
have photos and detailed instructions on how to do it yourself.  If
you are interested in using them (or want those dullard computer
"experts" you know to use them)  feel free to drop me a line, and i
would be happy to send them to you.

Cheers,
Sam Patteson