[iBook] re.: install os x 10.4, optical drive gone on dual USB ibook 500 MB

Shawn Harley shawn_harley at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 18 19:01:58 PDT 2007

Janice,

I think it's the same as the pre-Intel Macs. With the DVD in the
drive, restart the MacBook while holding down the "Option" key, IIRC.

You should get a choice of starting from the DVD or the MacBook HD.
Select the DVD, then continue with the installation of OS X onto the
iBook HD (in target disk mode).

Shawn