[iBook] external firewire CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive

Shawn Harley shawn_harley at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 28 18:28:50 PDT 2007

On Jul 28, 2007, at 8:06 PM, Mary H. wrote:

> iBook is powered on.
> MacBook is powered on.
> Insert install disc into MacBook.
> Choose "Restart" from the blue Apple menu on MacBook.
>
> At the sound of the start-up chime, hold down T key on MacBook
> until you see the FireWire symbol moving around.
> Connect FireWire cable to both machines.

Mary and Janice,

I'm not sure it will work that way, but it is worth a try. The target
computer in this case (MacBook) will mount on the host computer
(iBook), but I think only the hard drive (MacBook) will show up on
the iBook. Only the master ATA drive will be available to the host
computer. Check the tip near the bottom of this link:

I hope Mary's suggestion works, but it sounds like it may not.

Shawn