[iBook] (no subject)

dmichaelharris at earthlink.net dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 19 10:27:37 PDT 2007

Warren wrote:

I'm new to this list. I have an IBook G3 (800 mhz) and the battery
icon seems to be acting up. My book shuts down when the battery shows
as much as 90% charge. At one time it was accurate, this has only
started within the last week or so. However, when I am recharging, the
icon reflects that accurately, as far as I can tell. Any thoughts
suggestions? Thanks in advance.  Warren

Hi:

What OS are you running?  Have you upated your iBook since your purchase?
Do you know how old the battery is?  Is it shutting down or falling asleep?

You should check under System Preferance to see what settings are for your power consumption..  It may be a custom setting.

David