Problems signing up

Jeff Curto jeff at jeffcurto.com
Wed Apr 30 05:27:09 PDT 2003

on 4/30/03 7:14am, the delightfully dancing digits of Bob Ditch tapped:

> Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:53:04 -0400
> Subject: [iTunes] Music Store Sign-up
> From: Bob Ditch <bob at bdwebdesign.net>
>
> If been trying to sign-up at the Music Store for the last 2 days and
> keep getting an error stating they are unable to process my request and
> try again later. Are  the servers simply overloaded?

I had the same problem.

I think it's related to when Apple consolidated all the Apple ID accounts. I
had  one Apple ID for the Apple Store, another for my DotMac account, each
with a different credit card to authorize them, and each with a different
email address.

When Apple consolidated the accounts, I think something got screwed up, and
I can't log on to the music store using my "Apple ID" that is supposed to
work everywhere.

So, what I did is create a NEW account, which worked fine. I'm sure it's not
what Apple intended for me to do, but it works.

--Jeff Curto