[iTunes] Re: iTunes Sharing Through Airport Extreme

Mark O'Brien rmobrien at mac.com
Mon May 5 13:29:19 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 5, 2003, at 09:47  AM, Joe Ferguson wrote:

> Thank you for your responses. Here is the information that you have
> requested.
> 1.I'm still am unable to share my music with the firewall turned off.
> 2.The sharing pane is enabled in iTunes.
> 3.I have created ports 3689 on both my Mac and with my Airport Base.
> (Public and Private ports on the Airport Base.)
> I entered the port number for the base and did not see any other
> options.
>
> So just to recap I can listen to other people's music. I can share
> iTunes
> via Rendezvous with my wife's Mac. We are using Airport Extreme with a
> DSL
> service. My wife's iMac is connected to through Airport base and I am
> wireless with my 12" Powerbook.
>
>> There is a similar discussion on the apple student dev list just
>> now...
>> my guess is that there is another port required for transmission...
> May I have the link to that discussion?
> Thank you in Advance,

Joe, I have the same problem, except my base station is an SMC
Barricade router. My wired iMac can see my wireless TiBook
automatically, with no action taken on the iMac side. But the TiBook
can't see the iMac's playlist, unless I go to Advanced, Connect to
Shared Music, and enter the iMac's IP address. Sharing enabled on both
Macs, Firewall off on both Macs.

Mark