[iTunes] Deauthorizing A Dead Hard Drive

joAnn ortiz ask_alice at mac.com
Sat Sep 16 18:21:51 PDT 2006

Hi All,

Ok, I think I already know the answer to this but I'll ask it just
the same. My flat panel 15" iMac died an UGLY death to the tune of
having disk utility tell me I had a bad hard drive, salvage what I
could & get a hard drive that worked. The message all but offered
it's condolences! I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of the message.

So... having said that, is there any way that I can deauthorize my
dead drive or do I just have to keep it in my list of viable
computers until I reach my limit?

Eventually I will replace the drive - but this information
(authorizing info) is attached to the ATA or no?

Best,

joAnn