[iTunes] iTunes 8 - turning off the Genius sidebar

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Thu Sep 25 20:20:32 PDT 2008

Becca:

Sorry to hear of your problems with iTunes 8.  My only suggestion
would be to
download iTunes installer again and reinstall.

If you are successful there is a nice feature for podcast listeners in
iTunes 8.  You can
set different download settings for each podcast.  Downloading 30+
podcasts per day,
I have found this feature very handy.

I wouldn't be too concerned about letting iTunes send your list of
music to Apple.
It is all done anonymously and Apple doesn't even keep a record of
what music
you have.  I don't know what they would do with that information even
if they
wanted to.

Ken