[iTunes] iTouch/iTunes difficulty

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Mar 15 13:42:49 PDT 2009

On Mar 15, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> I've noticed two things.
>
> When I import a book on CD. It goes in
>

> ~>Music>iTunesMusic> Author>
> When I import using a download from Audible it goes into
> ~>Music>iTunesMusic>Author>Unknown
>
> The Books on CD treat each disk as a book and therefore do not move
> forward.
> the downloaded books move to the second part

Try this: In iTunes, select all the CDs relating to the book. Then do
Command I (Get Info). Click on "Info" tab. Down at the bottom, notice
a check box next to "Part of a compilation". Check that box, since you
have all items of that book selected, it will change the selection for
all at once. Test and tell us of that makes a difference.

Another thing to try if the first suggestion doesn't work. Look to see
the difference in file type between the two (i.e. on is mp4 & other is
mp4a). If there is a clear difference between the two, try renaming
the files that don't work to the format of the ones that do. Let us
know.

SNIP
> One other thing. there are some symbols at the bottom of iTunes. One
> is shuffle and one is a couple of arrows. If I click on that the
> arrows turn blue but look as tho it is a repeat, click again and a
> little one shows up, which must be repeat.
> I can't figure out just how that works and HELP is no help.
>
> I have tried clicking on that in it's different positions and then
> downloading it to my iPods. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Those icons are for playback, not for importing or downloading. I
believe the first click is repeat all, the second click adds a small
"1" to the icon and I believe indicates repeating just the song now
playing. Third click turns it off and icon is white instead of blue.
Michael Prete

More will be revealed.