[BusMac] XServe Experiences

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Jan 20 23:40:24 PST 2004

Paul E.R.Packbier said:

>Question:  Does an XServe really sound like a vacuum cleaner all the
>time?

I haven't heard anything about the XServe's, and I can't find the
MacFixIt cite right now, but Apple has had problems with the fans in the
new G5, and the fans in some powerbooks, coming on at full blast at odd
times under OS X 10.3.  I believe that this update fixed the problem in
G5's:

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html